Most people who start playing the game will end up with a large party of well-equipped defeners and all gold stars. While that's fun, there's much more fun to be had. Here's a list of ideas (might be turned into articles for discussion and some sort of leaderboard or whatnot.
- No grinding. That means, try to beat the game (and NG+) by playing every map exactly once on Normal difficulty. It's recommended that you always aim for Perfect win, though.
- No recruiting. That means that you beat the game ONLY with the characters that join you over the course of the story. That will undoubtedly mean quite a lot of grinding, as in NG+ things become seriously tough - but it is a completely different gameplay experience...
- No shopping, you only get the gear you gather as rewards and what the characters come with.
- A softer versions of no recruiting (roll your own limits, 2 chars per class is a good one)
- No books
- No unique upgrades
- No recalls (can be enforced by editing your save to give yourself Book of Daring)
- No spells (can be enforced by editing your save to give yourself Book of Silence, of course the spell-tutorial-level gets an exception)
Of course any choices can be combined. No shopping and no recruiting go well together (simply pretend that scrap doesn't exist)